1) The Kiwi Awards are produced by Kiwis for kiwi and are open to:
a) Tohu Tiketike – Kiwi Project of the Year: Open to all community and whānau, hapū and iwi kiwi conservation groups in New Zealand. You must be a registered or incorporated organisation.
b) Mana Tiaki – Mana Kiwi: Open to whānau, hapū and iwi kiwi conservation groups working in New Zealand.
c) Good Egg awards: Open to volunteers involved in kiwi conservation. They can be volunteering in either community, whānau, hapū or iwi kiwi conservation groups, or at commercial or governmental (regional or national) organisations – zoos and the Department of Conservation would be examples of the two latter options.
d) Kiwi conservation image of the year: This category is open to anyone involved in kiwi conservation work, whether as a volunteer or a paid employee or contractor.
e) Tall tale of the year: This category is open to anyone involved in kiwi conservation work, whether as a volunteer or a paid employee or contractor.
2) Entries must be received by 10:59pm NZDT, 25th May, 2018. Entries received after this closing date will not be accepted.
3) All entries must be submitted via the online awards entry system (https://www.judgify.me/Kiwisforkiwi) and will not be accepted by other means.
4) All entries must be focused on the activities or initiatives of organisations, individuals or businesses serving kiwi conservation.
5) Kiwis for kiwi will screen the applications for suitability and matching criteria to select finalists for each award category from the nominations submitted through the online system.
6) The judging panel will select a final winner in each category.
7) Winners to be announced at the national kiwi hui on 7th June 2018
8) When completing entries, use the name of the nominated organisation or individual exactly as they would appear on the winner’s trophy. Kiwis for kiwi will not be responsible for incorrect spelling of names.
9) For Kiwi Conservation Image of the Year, the photo should be attached via the attachment tab of the awards system. Please note that you are required to own the copyright to any images you enter into the competition. By entering an image, you are giving Kiwis for kiwi the ability to use the image in both online and printed material and are agreeing that it may be used by Kiwis for kiwi in its own collateral and that of supporters or sponsors, where appropriate. Every effort will be made to credit the photographer where possible, but it is not guaranteed.
10) All supporting material loaded into the awards system must be clearly labelled with the name of the nominating person or organisation and any necessary details. i.e title of nomination.
11) All entries may be reproduced to promote the awards and to champion the excellent work of the kiwi conservation sector. If entrants do not own all copyright or there are restrictions in your right to use any material included in your entry, it is the entrant’s responsibility to obtain permission from all relevant third parties for Kiwis for kiwi to use the entry as described.
12) Awards judges’ decisions are final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into regarding the judging process or any outcomes reached.
13) Award winners may be asked to make themselves available for other Kiwis for kiwi activities outside the Kiwi Awards ceremony such as being involved in media and communications following the awards.
14) Kiwis for kiwi may extend any deadline or time limit, terminate the awards or vary the terms of entry at any time and for any reason at its sole discretion. Kiwis for kiwi may also choose not to present any given award if none of the nominees sufficiently meet the criteria for that award.
15) If an entry receives an award, the manner and details of announcing that nomination and award is strictly within the discretion of Kiwis for kiwi. The entrant understands that all awards may not be given or publicised in the same manner