Instructions on how to enter the Kiwi Experience Contest (‘Contest’) form part of these terms and conditions. Entry into the Contest is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. The Contest commences at 08:00am on 7 February 2013 and closes at 11.59pm, 7 April 2013 (‘Contest Period’). There is one prize package (a ‘Prize’) to be won.
2. The promoter of the Contest is The Kiwi Trust, trading as ‘Kiwis for kiwi’ (‘Trust’), Carlaw Business Park, Nicholls Lane, Parnell, Auckland.
3. Entry into the Contest is only open to registered participants of the Barfoot & Thompson World Triathlon Auckland. Entrants authorise the Trust to confirm their registration. Entries are limited to one per person. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Trust and any agencies associated with this Contest are not eligible to enter.
4. To enter the Contest, entrants must set up their own customised online fundraising webpage (‘Webpage’) to promote donations to the Trust through Fundraise Online at www.fundraiseonline.co.nz before the close of the Contest Period and raise a minimum of $200 in donations. The entrant’s Webpage must comply with the Fundraise Online’s terms and conditions (found at http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/fundraise/terms.aspx) and identify the Trust as the entrant’s charity of choice.
5. Upon the creation of each Webpage, Fundraise Online will send an email to the Trust containing the entrant’s name and contact details, and a link to the Webpage. The winner will be drawn from valid entrants (being those entrants that set up a valid Webpage) at random on 9th April 2013. The winners will be notified by telephone or in writing using the details received from Fundraise Online. If a winner cannot be contacted within one week of the winner being drawn, the Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be drawn. The Trust’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. The winner will receive a Prize. The Prize consists of:
a) Travel from within New Zealand for the winner and a friend to the kiwi release site;
b) Participation in the release of kiwi to the wild; and
c) A fully catered lunch (not including any alcoholic beverages).
All other costs are for the winners to meet. The exact date and time of the Prize are to be advised.
7. The Prize is not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash. Some components of the Prize, or any component of it, may be subject to availability. If for any reason the Prize to be awarded becomes unavailable, the Trust reserves the right to substitute another prize of a similar nature or value.
8. The winners agree to be available for reasonable publicity purposes, including but not limited to, public appearances for photographs and interviews without compensation. All material produced during such promotional activities shall remain the property of the Trust. Entrants warrant the fundraising webpage will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
9. The Trust collects your information so that you can participate in the Contest. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate. The Trust may use this information to conduct the Contest and the Trust may use personal information submitted by entrants in conjunction with publicity related to the Contest or any other Trust promotion. It may disclose this information to third parties who provide it with administrative services in this regard. It will also use the information to promote, market, and publicise the Trust or its related entities. You consent to the Trust and Fundraise Online using and disclosing your personal information for these purposes. For such purposes any personal details of the entrants will be stored at the office of the Trust or its related entities. You may gain access, update or correct your information by contacting the Trust on 09 307 4878.
10. To the extent permitted by law, the Trust, its related entities and agencies associated with the Contest, shall not be liable for: a) any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of entry, participation or use of the Prize in this competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law; or b) the non-receipt of the Prize for any reason whatsoever. The winner is responsible for the accuracy of the account details provided for payment of the cash contribution.